Home  5  Books  5  GBEzine  5  News  5  HelpDesk  5  Register  5  GreenBuilding.co.uk
Not signed in (Sign In)


Green Building Bible, Fourth Edition
Green Building Bible, fourth edition (both books)
These two books are the perfect starting place to help you get to grips with one of the most vitally important aspects of our society - our homes and living environment.

PLEASE NOTE: A download link for Volume 1 will be sent to you by email and Volume 2 will be sent to you by post as a book.

Buy individually or both books together. Delivery is free!

powered by Surfing Waves

Vanilla 1.0.3 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to new Forum Visitors
Join the forum now and benefit from discussions with thousands of other green building fans and discounts on Green Building Press publications: Apply now.

    General query but specific to our circumstances: what contracts (if any) do people use when employing a manufacturer directly? i.e. not through a main contractor.

    We're looking to procure a CLT (Cross Laminated Timber) structural frame on our self-build house. I've had an independent engineer do the tender stage design and am now ready to send out for quotes.

    The thing is, I'm wondering if we need to also establish a building contract with the frame provider at the same time. Since these frames come to site and are erected by their in-house team, we will essentially be asking them to build the frame on our site as well as just produce the components.

    I'm sure there's an element of consumer protection in the act of purchasing, but it strikes me that we should probably have some form of written agreement for the site works. Just wondered if people on here had done something similar?

    JCT Minor Works perhaps?

    Thanks in advance.
Add your comments

    Username Password
  • Format comments as
The Ecobuilding Buzz
Site Map    |   Home    |   View Cart    |   Pressroom   |   Business   |   Links   

© Green Building Press