Home  5  Books  5  GBEzine  5  News  5  HelpDesk  5  Register  5  GreenBuilding.co.uk
Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

GBEzine

Get a whole year of cutting-edge eco-building news and project reports for just £20.00 p.a. + VAT*

1 year Green Building Ezine

Built upon 30 years of experience, this fabulous new medium will feature inspiring and in-depth articles on eco-building projects from across the spectrum and from all over the UK, most of which are written by the very people that designed or built them.

Perfect for architects, builders, developers, self builders and anyone interested in keeping right up-to-date with green building trends and friends.

Price: £20.00

Discount books are also available with your first year subscription:



*VAT will only be charged to customers with a UK address.

For institutional access
please go here



Vanilla 1.0.3 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to new Forum Visitors
Join the forum now and benefit from discussions with thousands of other green building fans and discounts on Green Building Press publications: Apply now.




  1.  
    I've seen mention of rolling tape to make it airtight, but I was wondering what type of roller is used. Could anybody please help?
    • CommentAuthortony
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2017
     
    Wallpaper seam roller, ideally high density foam rather than plastic.
    •  
      CommentAuthordjh
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2017
     
    Or the tape manufacturers sell rollers specifically for the job. The rolling is not so much to make it airtight as to make sure the adhesive is actually adhering, as I understand it. Personally I found the back of a box knife was most useful for the job.
  2.  
    Thanks both!
    •  
      CommentAuthordjh
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2017
     
    FWIW, I tried to fix some extra insulation around my insulated MVHR ducts. It was 50 mm Rockwool; the sort with a foil layer on the outside, specifically for ducts. It's quite difficult to bend round a 160 mm dia duct but I eventually managed it. I put lots of short lengths of duct tape all along the gap, each one almost touching the next one. Then I put three lengths of duct tape along the join to tidy it all up. Looked lovely, but one day later it had all come apart! I'm thinking I may try again but using some Siga airtightness tape next time, because it is so much more sticky.
  3.  
    I've bought a rubber lino printing roller. I'll see how it goes!
Add your comments

    Username Password
  • Format comments as
 
   
The Ecobuilding Buzz
Site Map    |   Home    |   View Cart    |   Pressroom   |   Business   |   Links   
Logout    

© Green Building Press