Home  5  Books  5  GBEzine  5  News  5  HelpDesk  5  Register  5  GreenBuilding.co.uk
Not signed in (Sign In)


Green Building Bible, Fourth Edition
Green Building Bible, fourth edition (both books)
These two books are the perfect starting place to help you get to grips with one of the most vitally important aspects of our society - our homes and living environment.

PLEASE NOTE: A download link for Volume 1 will be sent to you by email and Volume 2 will be sent to you by post as a book.

Buy individually or both books together. Delivery is free!

powered by Surfing Waves

Vanilla 1.0.3 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to new Forum Visitors
Join the forum now and benefit from discussions with thousands of other green building fans and discounts on Green Building Press publications: Apply now.

    • CommentAuthorgoodevans
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2017 edited
    I have had 3 answers given to me which one is correct?

    1) The version on the government website/planning portal including 2016 amendments.
    2) The 2013 version because the planned 2016 amendments were withdrawn in last years budget.
    3) The 'new' regs aren't really enforced - so you can still build a 100+100+100mm filled cavity wall and tell the BCO company and the SAP company to use the 'old' regs.

    What happens in your area - looking at current new builds in my area I fear option 3 is in operation.
    • CommentAuthorDarylP
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2017
    :bigsmile: It depends what question you are asking?

    Part L Building Regs is Conservation of Fuel and Power.

    AD L1A is Approved Document L1A for new build dwellings.
    AD L1B is for conversions, extensions, change of use dwellings.

    The 'version' of Part L that applies to your dwelling depends on the submission date/application date/approval date from your Building Control Body.
    A spade in the ground can secure B. Regs approval for a whole site... :devil:
    • CommentAuthorgoodevans
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2017
    I mean part L1A - new dwellings. So far only outline planning for 'access' applied for and approved.

    If the BCO dosen't enforce, who does?
    • CommentAuthorDarylP
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2017
    BCO (either LABC or AI) are the organisation that sign off a new dwelling, confirming it meets Building Regulations.

    Part L is Building Regs.
    AD L1A is the Approved Document that gives a method of compliance.

    But you DO NOT have to follow AD L1A, if you can convince your BCO that your dwelling meets Part L....
    • CommentAuthorringi
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2017
    For a new dwellings I expect anyone that cares about heating bills will be doing better then what Park L asks for anyway.
Add your comments

    Username Password
  • Format comments as
The Ecobuilding Buzz
Site Map    |   Home    |   View Cart    |   Pressroom   |   Business   |   Links   

© Green Building Press