Natural Swimming Pools: A Guide to Building (Hardcover)
The Woodland House Just £14.00
Vanilla 1.0.3 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.
31 to 60 of 74
Posted By: eniacsWill; Its not economical to do because we use only about £100 of hot water per year through our combi gas boiler. Ok this may increase, but not to the point that i will recover my investment of circa £2.5k.
Posted By: eniacsi also have to consider whether to go for a system boiler or with the combi boiler approach
Posted By: eniacsTom; Show me somewhere it has actually been done and works.
Posted By: WillInAberdeenTop marks to eniacs for opening his/her plans up to public disection on the forum. Itll be more energy effective than my renovation.I hope 1) s/he gets positive suggestions, which would educate the rest of us and 2) nobody else is put off sharing their plans for fear of negative reaction.
Posted By: eniacsWith the general public seeing a house without a combi boiler as old fashioned and needing upgrading, i risk putting most buyers off as well!
Tom its an almost "romantic" idea to have a house with no heating at all.
Especially a house which can supply hot running water, with no energy input (other than the winters sun).
Posted By: Ed DaviesTony actually put in UFH pipes as an insurance but hasn't ever connected them to anything
Posted By: Ed DaviesTom, why don't you start another thread for that?
Posted By: eniacsThe walls on this property are 60mm cavity with blown fibreglass and 100mm phenolic giving U = 0.15. The ceilings are 220mm phenolic and some floors will be upgraded during the build to 100mm phenolic. How is this a poorly insulated fuel guzzler?
Posted By: eniacsTom is talking about no heating at all
Posted By: eniacsi dont have anymore space for huge solar collectors
Posted By: eniacsIsnt this the whole problem with PH and green houses, that 90% of energy is saved with only 10% cost, the remaining 90% of cost is trying to save the reminaing 10%, and then coming up with an ever more complicated system for heating it during the coldest 20 days of a year.
© Green Building Press