Home  5  Books  5  GBEzine  5  News  5  HelpDesk  5  Register  5  GreenBuilding.co.uk
Not signed in (Sign In)


Green Building Bible, Fourth Edition
Green Building Bible, fourth edition (both books)
These two books are the perfect starting place to help you get to grips with one of the most vitally important aspects of our society - our homes and living environment.

PLEASE NOTE: A download link for Volume 1 will be sent to you by email and Volume 2 will be sent to you by post as a book.

Buy individually or both books together. Delivery is free!

powered by Surfing Waves

Vanilla 1.0.3 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to new Forum Visitors
Join the forum now and benefit from discussions with thousands of other green building fans and discounts on Green Building Press publications: Apply now.

    • CommentAuthorbogal2
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2020
    Has anyone thought about getting the retrofit coordinator qualification to enable to claim for work done through the green homes grant? It takes about 3 months and costs £1200- as Ive been told.
    If anyone is an AECB member and has already done the Carbonlite Retrofit qualification there will be a 'top-up' course coming soon to upgrade to RC. I gather RC PI insurance can be pretty pricey!
    ...but looking back at bogal2's question, it suggests that a RC is enough to get GHG. As I understand it the *contractor* must be Trustmark reg'd, so any number of RC's would do you no good. Unless they have moved the goalposts (which in this case would be a good move!).
    • CommentAuthorbogal2
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2020
    Thanks Nick, I didn't realise that. Not sure if its worth it then.
    I could be wrong, but I have not seen anything which suggests an RC alone is enough. Most info sites refer to the contractor. energysavingtrust.org.uk says: ''They will then direct households to a list of approved TrustMark and or Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) registered tradespeople in their local area to carry out the work.''

    There are some references to 'Trustmark approved companies', but I still guess it's the installer, not (only) the RC, who needs the Trustmark.

    Anyway. I fear we'll run out of time very shortly...
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2020 edited
    There's a list of requirements at https://www.trustmark.org.uk/ghgvsopp

    edit: I think Trustmark applies to companies, not individuals.
Add your comments

    Username Password
  • Format comments as
The Ecobuilding Buzz
Site Map    |   Home    |   View Cart    |   Pressroom   |   Business   |   Links   

© Green Building Press