Home  5  Books  5  GBEzine  5  News  5  HelpDesk  5  Register  5  GreenBuilding.co.uk
Not signed in (Sign In)


Green Building Bible, Fourth Edition
Green Building Bible, fourth edition (both books)
These two books are the perfect starting place to help you get to grips with one of the most vitally important aspects of our society - our homes and living environment.

PLEASE NOTE: A download link for Volume 1 will be sent to you by email and Volume 2 will be sent to you by post as a book.

Buy individually or both books together. Delivery is free!

powered by Surfing Waves

Vanilla 1.0.3 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome to new Forum Visitors
Join the forum now and benefit from discussions with thousands of other green building fans and discounts on Green Building Press publications: Apply now.

    My new employer wants to put me on the PCA damp and timber course or similar.

    From what I recall, the PCA isn't particularly liked on here. What courses would you recommend as an alternative and why?

    The PCA would put more remedial work our way. As it is not my own company I guess I have to co-operate so would like the course to be beneficial not just to myself but to the organisation also.

    • CommentAuthortony
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2018
    I would choose this one as first priority or similar "Condensation & Atmospheric Moisture Management"

    Then "Alternative Repair Strategies for Traditional Buildings"

    Then your choice

    Then lets talk again
    I'll let FosterTom comment on the merits of the WUFI course, but my understanding is that it gives you a very good insight into what is causing any damp in the first place. Plus you'd get a fairly good idea of what materials would help to remedy the situation.

    You'd need a laptop and to buy an annual (?) licence but, provided you're reasonably mathematically minded I think it's the bees knees for the true causes of moisture problems.

    It may be you need/want something more hands-on practical for physical remedies (i.e. lead flashings etc.) in which case the WUFI course may not be right for you.

    Historic England run some good building conservation courses at West Dean college if you want something specific to historic buildings.
    As a whole , do you think the PCA is a decent organisation?

Add your comments

    Username Password
  • Format comments as
The Ecobuilding Buzz
Site Map    |   Home    |   View Cart    |   Pressroom   |   Business   |   Links   

© Green Building Press